Do you have a head for strategy and a passion for purpose? We want to hear from you. We are currently recruiting for a purpose planning strategist for our US business. We are working with brands across the apparel, beauty, food and nonprofit sectors on defining their social purpose and need a purpose planner to take this work to the next level.
More about us
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. Our mission is to make sustainability so desirable it becomes normal. We believe purpose and sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands
to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and world-changing creative.
Our clients are global brands, NGOs, foundations and start-ups. And we work with them on campaigns, branding, sustainability strategy and more.
Our US business is growing fast and you will be a senior member of our talented team. In this role you’ll have a chance to help define our approach to planning in partnership with our CEO and Creative Director, and while the majority of your work will be in the US, on global assignments with our UK team.
You will need
- A proven track record in defining brand purpose for US and global brands. We love it when new people want to get into this space but we need you to have actually done it for this particular role!
- A nose for identifying ideas at the intersection of consumer insight, cultural/societal issues and brand that are both ownable and meaningful.
- The ability to translate purpose into activation plans to drive genuine social change – be that through employee engagement, campaign development, program development, partnerships, new product development, and more.
- A firm grasp of the current social and environmental issues landscape.
- Experience in interacting with clients on a day-to-day level, delivering and presenting work in partnership with the Director of Planning and other team members.
- Strong agency experience, leading strategy on key businesses.
You will be responsible for
- Develop discussion guides for stakeholder interviews, internal and external focus groups
- Partner with the senior planner in moderation of stakeholder interviews and focus groups
- Pivot from research to the development of client-facing insights presentations, including but not limited to, focus group takeaways, issue landscape analysis, competitive analysis, etc.
- Cultural trend analysis and development of cultural context presentations
- Development of creative briefs to guide both internal and client creative teams
- Work across various disciplines with senior creative team members, leadership team, etc.
- Development of strategic manifestos, pithy insights, etc.
As a Futerran, you’ll
- Bring a spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration similar to our own.
- Be happy to contribute ideas in brainstorms, meetings and company away days.
- Best-in-class research skills aimed at driving for insights with ability to design a strong research report and insights plan
- Ability to take the lead writing a killer client-facing deck that gets the audience on side – and a killer creative brief
- Strong on developing customer journey and crafting comms strategies/comms plans
- Working closely with our planning and creative director to brainstorm new thinking and pivot to potential campaigns and content
- Ability to master complex, dense, subject matter quickly and convert it into simple, clear, exciting ideas
- Ability/desire to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- 100% dedicated to world-changing work
- Great energy, optimistic and pragmatic
- Resilient and hard-working
- Passionate about purpose
We work on the most exciting brief out there: to get people and businesses to create a smarter, healthier, fairer, happier world. Join us.
Please send us a 5-page presentation that outlines a purpose for a brand you love, to show us how you think.
Please send your resume and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4th May 2018.
RT @BITCIreland: Does your brand help people change the world for the better? 88% of consumers Want You To Help Them Make A Difference. htt…