Do you believe sustainability is the business opportunity of the twenty-first century and are you obsessed with unlocking that opportunity to deliver both business value and impact? Would you relish the opportunity to do that work in a fast-growing, creative environment with an incredible roster of visionary clients? Then read on.
Futerra North America is looking for a Senior Strategist to join our New York strategy team. This role is all about helping companies set bold sustainability visions for the change they want to lead and developing the roadmap to deliver. You will play a key role on the strategy team, supporting our strategy director in developing sustainability frameworks, targets, goals and implementation plans that drive real change. We are helping build the next Green Giants and need the skills to help make this happen.
The ideal candidate will be able to work at both macro and micro levels, combining visionary thinking about the role of business in a sustainable future with practical experience driving this kind of change through large organizations. We want to know you can think big but also have a track record contributing to the design and delivery of strategies that resulted in quantifiable business and sustainability outcomes.
More about us
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. We imagine better, brighter ways of doing things and then work with people who can make them happen. And we’re driven by our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and powerful creative.
More about you
You define sustainability in its broadest sense and are familiar with cutting edge thinking and practice across a broad spectrum of sustainability issues, spanning environmental and social spheres, right across the value chain.
You will thrive on the strategy team if:
- You have a combination of in-house sustainability/CR and agency/consultancy experience
- You understand how marketers and communications professionals think and know how to engage them
- You have a high degree of empathy for the challenges and opportunities that heads of sustainability are faced with in their roles
As a Senior Strategist, your day-to-day role will be:
- Creating strategy frameworks from vision through to priority pillars, key goals and foundations
- Developing precisely worded targets and robust indicators to support priority pillars and goals within a strategy house
- Briefing other team members or carrying out the research and benchmarking that drives Futerra’s strategy recommendations to clients, including analysis of results and development of key insights and delivery of final benchmarking/research report to client
- Creating credible, impactful stakeholder maps and engagement plans
- Designing and conducting materiality assessments, producing summary output matrices and recommendations
- Working in partnership with our creative team to translate analysis, key insights, and client vision into compelling written, visual and multi-media deliverables
- Leading and facilitating client meetings, including presentations and workshops/working sessions with client team and other internal or external stakeholders
- Identifying and driving new business opportunities, develop professional proposal documents and present new business pitches to potential clients
As a Futerran, you’ll:
- Bring a spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration to do the work
- Have the ability/desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bring a ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done well
- Be switched on and happy to contribute ideas in brainstorms, meetings, scrums, and company away days
- Help change the world
You will also have the following skills and experience:
- A degree and/or work experience in a topic relevant to sustainability. (What’s relevant? You tell us!)
- Energy, confidence, a positive attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Curiosity about the world and how it works, an eye for detail and the ability to see the bigger picture
- An analytical and organized approach to work
- The ability to produce work to a client-ready standard
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint (bonus if PowerPoint is really your thing)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We launched the Good Life Goals because ‘people power’ is as important as ‘powerful people’ when it comes to progre… https://t.co/CdfcG7LU2v