Your role as Futerra’s Senior Designer will be to harness the power of design to make positive change. You’ll come up with ideas and visuals to connect people to issues like climate change, gender equality and human rights in new and refreshing ways.
More about us
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. We imagine better, brighter ways of doing things and then work with people who can make them happen. And we’re driven by our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and powerful creative.
Our clients are giant global brands, NGOs and Foundations. We work across issues ranging from climate change, gender inequality and human rights in industries including technology, beauty and personal care, fashion and sports.
More about you
Your role as Futerra’s Senior Designer will be to crack creative challenges, work into concepts, then design and deliver brilliant creative.
We’re looking for a highly creative designer who’s passionate about branding and graphic design – who has an eye for layout, can craft typography and who’s up-to-speed on new trends. You’re in your element working in a fast-paced creative environment across a wide variety of briefs. You have a flair for brand identity, with experience of multi-channel brand activation; you can create a look and feel for a campaign, design a website, or work on an information design brief, with in depth knowledge of print.
We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of their own work, and also provide support to more junior members of the team, with good time management skills and a keen eye for detail. So you’re a real team player, ready to step up on projects and set the bar in terms of the creative output that comes from Futerra.
You’ll be working with a group of people who are passionate about tackling some of the world’s biggest issues in new ways. This is a role for someone who wants to use their creativity to make positive change in the world.
You will have spent some time honing your skills at an agency and are looking for your next challenge.
Computer skills: Expert in InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop. Knowledge of additional Adobe CC programs such as XD, After Effects etc a plus.
As our senior designer, your day-to-day role will be to:
- Be a creative lead on multiple accounts and projects
- Pick apart briefs, ask questions and make sure we have everything we need to create game-changing work.
- Be proactive. Take a lead on projects and pitches by developing concepts and design solutions that will drive positive change and real value for clients.
- Demonstrate excellent design ability and produce work to a standard that constantly sets the pace for the whole team.
- Work closely with our creative directors to spot opportunities to take our creative work to the next level.
- Work with our strategists, planning and account teams to make sure our projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Provide rationale for your creative decisions and sell your work in to clients.
- Step up on projects and be a source of inspiration and guidance for the team.
- Manage your own workload, staying flexible enough to produce quick turnaround creative and take the initiative when it gets busy – you’re a team player and keen to pitch in.
- Keep up with the latest industry trends.
As a Futerran, you’ll:
- Bring a spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration similar to our own.
- Be happy to contribute ideas in brainstorms, meetings and company away days.
- Take part in our occasional events.
To apply please send a note with your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th May 2019. Tell us a bit more about you and how you see yourself fitting into the team.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from people who currently hold the right to work in the UK.
Futerra is out of office! This Friday we'll be in the streets demanding an end to the age of fossil fuels. Join us… https://t.co/buH3TZP71M