Your role as Futerra’s Art Director will be to harness the power of creativity to make positive change. You’ll come up with ideas to connect people to issues like climate change, gender equality and human rights in new and refreshing ways.
More about us
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. We imagine better, brighter ways of doing things and then work with people who can make them happen. And we’re driven by our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and powerful creative.
Our clients are giant global brands, NGOs and Foundations. We work across issues ranging from climate change, gender inequality and human rights in industries including technology, beauty and personal care, fashion and sports.
More about you
Your role as Futerra’s Art Director will be to deliver brilliant creative ideas that get noticed.
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about brands, culture, arts, design and beyond. You’re a big thinker, highly imaginative and can deliver ideas that make impact – whether that be through a campaign, piece of film, digitally, socially or an experience. All of your work will be rooted in a strong concept and sound creative strategy.
You’ll play a key role in the design process, concepting ideas and working with the team to bring them to life. We’re looking for someone who can take ownership of their own work, and also provide support to more junior members of the team. So you’re a real team player, ready to step up on projects and set the bar in terms of the creative output that comes from Futerra.
You will have experience art directing photo shoots and commissioning illustration with the ability to understand, dissect and expand on a creative brief.
In addition to excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage multiple deadline-driven projects concurrently.
You’ll be working with a group of people who are passionate about tackling some of the world’s biggest issues in new ways. This is a role for someone who wants to use their creativity to make positive change in the world.
You will have spent some time honing your skills at an agency and are looking for your next challenge.
As our art director, your day-to-day role will be to:
- Be a creative lead on multiple accounts and projects
- Pick apart briefs, ask questions and make sure we have everything we need to create game-changing work.
- Work with our copywriters and the rest of the team to deliver breakthrough ideas and solutions.
- Be proactive. Take a lead on projects and pitches by developing concepts that will drive positive change and real value for clients.
- Demonstrate excellent conceptual ability and produce work to a standard that constantly sets the pace for the whole team.
- Work closely with our creative directors to spot opportunities to take our creative work to the next level.
- Work with our strategists, planning and account teams to make sure our projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Provide rationale for your creative decisions and sell your work in to clients
- Step up on projects and be a source of inspiration and guidance for the team
- Manage your own workload, staying flexible enough to produce quick turnaround creative and take the initiative when it gets busy – you’re a team player and keen to pitch in.
- Keep up with the latest techniques and styles in art, films, music, fashion and other trends.
As a Futerran, you’ll:
- Bring a spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration similar to our own.
- Be happy to contribute ideas in brainstorms, meetings and company away days.
- Take part in our occasional events.
To apply please send a note with your CV and portfolio to email@example.com by 30th May 2019. Tell us a bit more about you and how you see yourself fitting into the team.
PLEASE NOTE: We can only consider applications from people who currently hold the right to work in the UK.
Over 12 months the word ‘cat’ was mentioned on British TV a massive 14,454 times, whilst ‘climate change’ topped ou… https://t.co/hJYQZxmGnE
Who would win in a fight for our attention – cats or climate change?https://t.co/eEgViiSWlh