Your role as Futerra’s senior copywriter will be to harness the power of language to make positive change. You’ll come up with ideas and words to connect people to issues like climate change, gender equality and human rights in new and refreshing ways.
More about us
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. We imagine better, brighter ways of doing things and then work with people who can make them happen. And we’re driven by our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and powerful creative.
More about you
Your role as Futerra’s senior copywriter will be to deliver brilliant ideas that have the power to make the world a better place. We’re looking for someone who’s both a creative problemsolver and a wordsmith.
You’re a big thinker, highly imaginative and can deliver ideas to create positive change – whether that be through a campaign, piece of film, or an experience. You enjoy getting to the heart of the problem and spotting the story that others might not see. That means you can help define what a client should be doing and saying how to bring it to life.
All of your work will be rooted in a strong concept and sound creative strategy.
You like working on challenging projects that require as much thinking as writing. You might not be an expert in sustainability, but you can get to grips with complex or specialist subjects in no time.
You have a deep understanding of how brands work and are skilled in using language to connect to audiences in new, interesting and relevant ways. You’re in your element working in a fast-paced creative environment and you like variety. You’re happy coining a killer headline, writing a script, naming a product or service or coming up with a campaign concept.
You will have spent some time honing your skills at an agency and are looking for your next challenge.
As our senior copywriter, your day-to-day role will be to:
- Be a creative lead on multiple accounts and projects
- Write the messaging for Futerra’s projects, including campaigns, brand narratives, scripts and websites.
- Pick apart briefs, ask questions and make sure we have everything we need to create game-changing work.
- Work closely with our sustainability team to ensure that creative ideas deliver real environmental and/or social change.
- Work closely with account teams to make sure our projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Manage your own workload, staying flexible enough to produce quick turnaround creative.
- Take the initiative when it gets busy – you’re a team player and keen to pitch in.
- Work closely with our creative directors to spot opportunities to take our creative work to the next level.
- Provide inspiration and guidance to support more junior members of the team.
As a Futerran, you’ll:
- Bring a spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration similar to our own.
- Be happy to contribute ideas in brainstorms, meetings and company away days.
- Take part in our occasional events.
To apply please send a note with your CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rdAugust. Tell us a bit more about you and how you see yourself fitting into the team. If you’re successful at that stage, we’ll ask you to complete a quick test brief. Just so we can see how you approach your work.
PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the United Kingdom.
Last week Futerra hosted youth climate leaders in an Honest Conversation with business leaders. Find out what they… https://t.co/pFWcAKc1XQ
We are currently recruiting for a planning lead for our US business. Could you be our next Head of Planning? Find o… https://t.co/iG67pebxBa