Do you have a head for strategy and a passion for purpose? We want to hear from you.
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. Our mission is to make sustainability so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and world-changing creative.
We are currently recruiting for a planning lead for our US business. We work with brands across the apparel, packaged goods, beauty and food sectors, as well as some of the most important non-profits in the world, and need a visionary purpose planner to take this work to the next level. Our US business is growing fast and you will be a senior member of our talented team. In this role you’ll lead brand planning across all our US-based work and nurture and build a growing planning team. You will also help evolve our approach to planning in partnership with our CEO and Head of Creative.
What you will need:
- A proven track record in defining brand purpose for US and global brands. We love it when new people want to get into this space but we need you to have actually done it for this particular role!
- A nose for identifying ideas at the intersection of consumer insight, social issue and brand that are both ownable and meaningful
- The ability to translate purpose into activation plans to drive genuine social change – be that through employee engagement, campaign development, program development, partnerships, new product development, and more. Beyond advertising to action
- A firm grasp of the current social and environmental issues landscape, with experience working on campaigns that have driven change on these issues and, critically, the consumer perspective on them
- A strong point of view on purpose branding – what it is, what it isn’t and what the difference is
- The ability to partner with clients at a senior level to lead them on one of the most exciting journeys of their careers
- 15 years agency experience, leading strategy on key businesses and ideally leading a planning team
- Ideally a working knowledge of behavior change theory, familiarity with the Cannes-winning purpose work of the last 5 years
- Strong on driving for insights, with ability to design a strong insights plan and lead the thinking throughout
What you’re here to do:
- Provide a strong planning leadership vision for the US business
- Work with the US leadership team to set the vision and direction of the US business, and to help run a growing, profitable business
- Lead planning for all major US clients and on all major US new business pitches
- Lead and nurture a talented and growing planning team; identify and retain key talent
- Refine the approach and help cement our tools and frameworks
- Represent Futerra and help build the profile of our brand in North America
- Build relationships with senior clients to become a critical strategic partner
- Attract and nurture new business opportunities; oversee planning on key new business pitches
- Partner with the creative team to deliver brilliant briefs that lead to world-changing work
- Identify and develop a plan to get to killer insights that underpin environmental, social and brand issues
- Translate strategy into activation plans that drive genuine change including campaign development and communications planning
- Ability/desire to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- 100% dedicated to world-changing work
- Great energy, optimistic and pragmatic
- Resilient and hard-working
- Passionate about purpose
We work on the most exciting brief out there: to get people and businesses to create a smarter, healthier, fairer, happier world. Join us.
Please send us a 5-page presentation that outlines a purpose for a brand you love, to show us how you think.
Please send your resume and covering letter to email@example.com.
Futerra is out of office! This Friday we'll be in the streets demanding an end to the age of fossil fuels. Join us… https://t.co/buH3TZP71M