Do you believe sustainability is the business opportunity of the twenty-first century and are you obsessed with unlocking that opportunity to deliver both business value and impact? Would you relish the opportunity to do that work in a fast-growing, creative environment with an incredible roster of visionary clients? Then read on.
Futerra UK is looking for a Sustainability Strategist to join our London strategy team.
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. We imagine better, brighter ways of doing things and then work with people who can make them happen. And we’re driven by our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and powerful creative.
This role is all about helping companies set bold sustainability visions for the change they want to lead and developing the roadmap to deliver. You will play a key role on the strategy team, helping the team in developing sustainability frameworks, targets, goals and implementation plans that drive real change. Through our work we are helping to build the next wave of sustainability leaders and are looking for a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to generate innovative solutions for our clients to help make this happen.
You define sustainability in its broadest sense and are familiar with cutting edge thinking and practice across a broad spectrum of issues: from climate justice and the circular economy to women’s empowerment and human rights.
As a Strategist, your day-to-day role will be:
- Working as part of the strategy team designing and developing sustainability and CR strategy frameworks from vision through to priority pillars, goals and targets
- Developing precisely worded targets and robust indicators to support priority pillars and goals within a strategy house
- Conducting the research and benchmarking that underpins Futerra’s strategy recommendations to clients, translating information into analysis of results and key insights and supporting the delivery of final benchmarking/research report to client
- Designing and conducting materiality assessments, producing summary output matrices and recommendations
- Working in partnership with planning and creative teams to give them the information they need to translate analysis, insights and strategy into compelling communications deliverables
- Support colleagues in preparation for and management of client meetings, including presentations and workshops/working sessions and other internal or external stakeholders
- Supporting new business opportunities, drafting pieces of proposal documents and helping the team prepare for new business pitches
You will thrive on the strategy team if you have:
- Energy, confidence, a positive attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work to tight deadlines within prescribed budgets
- Curiosity about the world and how it works, an eye for detail and the ability to see the bigger picture
- A high degree of empathy for the challenges and opportunities that heads of sustainability are faced with in their roles
- An analytical and organized approach to work
You will also have the following skills and experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience in consultancy or client-side – a mix is a definite plus
- A solid stretch of relevant work experience including some or all of the following in the field of sustainability:
- Research and benchmarking
- Materiality assessments
- Goal and target development/delivery
- New business development
- Issue and trend analysis
- Advanced degree in the field of sustainability (preferable but not essential)
- The ability to produce work to a client/senior management ready standard
- Proficiency in Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and PowerPoint (bonus if PowerPoint is really your thing)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
As a Futerran, you’ll:
- Bring a spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration to do the work
- Have the ability/desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Bring a ‘can-do’ attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done well
- Be switched on and happy to contribute ideas in brainstorms, meetings, scrums, and company away days
- Help change the world
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th October 2019.
PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the UK.
Last week Futerra hosted youth climate leaders in an Honest Conversation with business leaders. Find out what they… https://t.co/pFWcAKc1XQ
We are currently recruiting for a planning lead for our US business. Could you be our next Head of Planning? Find o… https://t.co/iG67pebxBa