Role: Account Manager
Department: Client Services
Reports into: Account Director
MORE ABOUT US
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. We imagine better, brighter ways of doing things and then work with people who can make them happen. And we’re driven by our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and powerful creative.
MORE ABOUT YOU
As an Account Manager with 5 years of experience, you are responsible for a portfolio of accounts and work on the day-to-day running of the accounts. You will be the main point of contact for clients, answering queries, constantly solving problems and driving projects to completion. You may also work with Account Directors and Client Services Directors to identify new business opportunities with existing clients.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
- Manage a portfolio of clients and act as their main point of contact at Futerra and provide them with excellent service and support.
- Maintain strong working relationships with clients and Company contacts through regular face-to-face contact and meetings.
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Champion the client at all levels internally and effectively represent the customer.
- Assist with challenging client requests and escalate to Account Directors or Client Services Directors when necessary
- Support Account Directors and Client Services Directors in presenting to clients; from creative to strategy to logistics.
- Be part of the project briefing process by contributing to client meetings and communicating the projects to the relevant project teams.
- Day to day project admin including input into our project management system, to facilitate the management of agency capacity and the organised flow of projects through the business.
- Ensure project deadlines and budgets are adhered to, communicating and seeking approval of changes to these when necessary.
- Maintain accurate records of meetings, decisions and next actions, ensuring these are followed through.
- Take a leading role in the on-going monitoring and management of resource capacity and agency workflows
- Keep the team and the client up to date with useful knowledge.
- Keep up-to-date with industry trends.
- Identify areas of improvement to constantly improve Client Services.
- Take client briefs and work with the full project team to drive projects to successful conclusion.
- Support Account Directors and Client Services Directors with pitches and proposal writing to win new business.
- Build new business relationships using existing industry contacts.
- Attend industry events alongside members of Futerra team as an ambassador for the Company.
- Identify and pursue opportunities to get involved and contribute to the accounts team and agency.
- Generate accurate reports on the status of existing accounts and new business.
- Work with the finance team to ensure sound financial management of projects, ensuring costs are invoiced promptly and jobs run on budget.
- Manage and keep to project budgets.
- Work with Finance to limit write offs, bill client accurately, and chase unpaid invoices.
- Escalate any financial issues or delays to the Account Directors or Client Services Directors.
- Raise internal profile through knowledge sharing and internal presentations.
- Refer to senior team for advice, support and guidance.
- Look for opportunities to further your own learning and development
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Account Manager is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- A track record of delivering exceptional and consistent client service through effective communication, problem solving and responses to requests.
- Previous experience managing multiple accounts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Resilience to effectively deal with problems and constructive criticism from clients.
- A nose for detail as well the ability to see the bigger picture.
- Bags of energy, confidence, a positive attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience of managing sustainability or cause campaigns and an interest in the current social and environmental issues landscape.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Be switched on and happy to contribute ideas in brainstorms, meetings, scrums, and company away days.
- Help change the world.
RT @GreenSolitaire: In the next few weeks every young climate campaigner is going to see what we can collectively do in response to a crisi…