Role: Account Director
Department: Client Services
Reports into: Client Services Director
MORE ABOUT US
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. We imagine better, brighter ways of doing things and then work with people who can make them happen. And we’re driven by our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and powerful creative.
MORE ABOUT YOU
As an Account Director you are primarily responsible for the management of relationships with clients. As the senior point of contact for an agency’s clients, you will also co-ordinate the resources needed to service projects, build strategic operational plans and balance the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work. You will be a leader within the agency, and expected to work closely with senior agency Strategy, Planning and Creative leads to plan campaigns, and successfully develop business accounts creatively and financially, while playing a positive role in your agency’s new business programme. You will also support, guide and give counsel to the Account Managers and Account Executives.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
- Lead client accounts within the agency
- Responsible for the profitability and growth of client accounts.
- Be sufficiently informed and personally involved with clients to ensure sound planning, good service and a strong client/agency relationship.
- Continually enhance knowledge of the clients’ brand, services and marketplace. Look for opportunities to engage in broader business dialogue with clients in order to grow business and deliver maximum impact for both Futerra and our clients
- Represent the client’s business within the agency.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure efficient and prompt delivery of projects within budget.
- Interrogate client briefs, challenging and supporting both clients and internal teams to deliver work that exceeds expectations.
- Oversee and manage resource capacity and agency workflows in liaison with the wider account team
- Execute duties and assignments as directed in compliance with client and Agency guidelines and objectives.
- Clearly communicate the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders and Client Services Directors.
- Identify areas of improvement to constantly improve Client Services.
- Oversee and manage the overall growth and development of accounts in your group.
- Lead pitches with potential new clients
- Maintain a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting your accounts, and developments in the wider advertising, communications and sustainability industries.
- Be an ambassador for Futerra at industry events, and participate in talks or roundtables where appropriate.
- Identify, develop and convert new business opportunities with existing and future agency clients.
- Build connections relevant and advantageous to the business.
- Plan and develop accurate proposals and budgets recommendations, work goals, and measurements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to Clients.
- Meet profit goals on each account in their group.
- Plan, develop and deliver accurate proposals and budgets.
- Provide leadership and motivation and convey the vision and values of the Agency to the assigned staff.
- Keep management & Group Client Services Director informed of the status of their group’s accounts, problems, plans and meetings, as well as involving Management personnel at key times.
- Maintain open and complete communications of Client issues with department Heads.
- Assign duties, set goals, and supervise Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Manage the work, performance and professional development of the Account Executive/Account Manager.
- Maintain a happy, high-energy, efficient team, who work reasonable hours and consistently deliver outstanding work
- Identify and setting objectives for direct reports
- Conduct staff appraisals, on-going reviews and problem resolution meetings with the support of HR and Client Services Director
- Look for opportunities to further your own learning and development
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- A proven track record in exceptional and consistent client service, leading accounts with overall responsibility for client relationships
- Experience in leading multiple accounts
- Adaptability to find new solutions to unique challenges
- Influencing and negotiation skills.
- Bags of energy, confidence, a positive attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage both large and small project teams
- Ability to inspire, mentor and manage the work and performance of account team members (e.g. AEs and AMs).
- Experience of managing sustainability or cause campaigns and an interest in the current social and environmental issues landscape
- A spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration to bolster our own.
- Have the ability/desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Help change the world.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Company bonus share scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company
- Company private health plan
- Mobile phone for business and personal use (UK domestic calls only) and MacBook laptop.
- Up to five volunteer days annually
- All agency Away Days every year
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com by 17thJanuary 2019. PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the UK. We encourage all applicants to read through our Candidate Privacy Notice upon application.