Role: UK Strategy Director
Reports into: Chief Strategy Officer
Responsible for managing: Senior Strategist and Strategy Consultants
MORE ABOUT US
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. We imagine better, brighter ways of doing things and then work with people who can make them happen. And we’re driven by our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and powerful creative.
In the last few years we have developed sustainability visions and strategies for some of the world’s biggest business and best loved brands including Tommy Hilfiger, Formula 1, Google, VF Corporation and Target.
MORE ABOUT YOU
As UK Strategy Director, you will lead and inspire Futerra’s Strategy Department as well as be responsible for the delivery of all Strategy focused projects. You will work closely with clients on briefs and lead your team to create Futerra’s effective strategy offering. Your enthusiasm will inspire the wider business and clients to appreciate the value of our strategic offering and in turn will help clients develop new and innovative insight driven sustainability practices.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
- Overall responsibility for Futerra’s UK strategy offering and team.
- Lead, manage and deliver ‘Director-led’ projects.
- Take accountability for ‘Strategist-led’ projects.
- Deputise for the Chief Strategy Officer and senior team when required.
- Lead business pitch and proposal teams.
Working with Others
- Work in an integrated and collegiate way with other functions to ensure we always deliver in line with Futerra’s ‘change agency’ philosophy.
- Drive personal development by seeking opportunities to learn from and develop with other cross functional team members.
- Build strong and positive working relationships with our strategy teams in New York and Stockholm.
- Overall responsibility for the UK strategy team, directing and evaluating work and the team to ensure the quality and timely delivery of workload.
- Maintain a happy, high-energy, efficient team, who work productively within reasonable hours and consistently deliver outstanding work.
- Identify and set objectives for line reports and work with Chief Strategy Officer to set mutually agreed and complementary respective goals.
- Conduct staff appraisals, on-going reviews and problem resolution meetings with the support of HR and Chief Strategy Officer.
- Providing guidance and support to the entire UK Strategy Team, working with them to champion their development and success at Futerra.
- Proactively identify and drive existing and new business opportunities including upselling and reconversions.
- Create new business proposals in close cooperation with Planning, Creative and Accounts teams.
- Take a leadership role in presenting in new business pitches to clients that are impactful, coherent, credible and look great.
- Create and sign off thought leadership pieces, blog posts, proactive pieces that are aligned with and promote Futerra’s mission.
- Identify key external events that yourself and the team should attend to build Futerra’s external profile and stimulate client interest and demand.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The UK Strategy Director is expected to have the following skills and knowledge.
- A substantial amount of experience in a senior sustainability strategy role either ‘in house’ with a major business or brand, or with and agency/consultancy specializing in sustainability strategy.
- If you are ‘in house’ then we would want to see a track record of delivering tangible results from major programmes that have delivered meaningful environmental impact reduction, positive social change and bold innovation on sustainable products or services.
- If you are ‘agency side’ then we would like to see a good body of experience in developing sustainability strategies that have made it our into the public domain that show clear direction, strong targets and credible foundations.
- Excellent leadership and management skills with the ability to inspire and drive teams to deliver high quality work.
- Exceptional, in depth knowledge of sustainability with experience of most of the following:
- Materiality assessment development or management
- Development and/or management of Key Performance Indicators
- Development and/or implementation of sustainability policies
- Oversight of public disclosure/reporting on sustainability (GRI)
- Interaction with/management of governance processes
- A genuine passion for Futerra and our mission and an entrepreneurial spirit towards sustainability and driving organisational change.
- A creative and innovative mind with the ability to generate ideas, inspire creativity from those around them and challenge the norm.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, the ability to influence others and sustain positive working relationships internally and externally.
- Confident presenter with proven experience of success in client pitches or internal presentation to senior management in house.
- Excellence at working in a fast-paced environment and in leading a team to deliver work of a high quality to deadlines.
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 27th 2020. PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the UK.
We encourage all applicants to read through our Candidate Privacy Notice upon application.
There is incredible willingness to make significant changes to lifestyle and adopt more sustainable living behaviou… https://t.co/OZ1LMsjdbW