Reports into: Planning Director
MORE ABOUT US
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. Our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and world-changing creative.
MORE ABOUT YOU
The planning team at Futerra intersects with logic (strategy team) and magic (creative team), translating business, brand and sustainability strategy into compelling brand messaging, creative ideas and communication concepts. As a Planner, your role is to represent consumers, customers and culture, ultimately identifying insights and impactful ideas that sit at the junction of our clients’ business/brands, the world in which they operate, and their various stakeholder groups or audiences. You will work in close collaboration on projects with Account Managers, Strategists and Creatives, guiding them in their delivery by using insight to support their ideas and adding strategic value to the client.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
Research & Strategy
- Identify new and insightful ways of looking at and solving client challenges at the intersection of business/brand and environment/social issues
- Master complex and dense subject matter quickly, converting this into simple and clear ideas for our clients
- Use online and consumer research, trends, market data, cultural codes and behavioural analysis to do this effectively
- Develop discussion guides for, and moderate focus groups and guided stakeholder interviews
- Pivot from research to writing client-ready insights presentations and creative briefs for our creative team
- Translate strategy into activation plans that drive genuine change such as campaign development, employee engagement and communications planning
- Monitor success & impact, analysing results and suggesting improvements as required
Client Management & Delivery
- Work with clients to fully understand their objectives, target audiences and strategic requirements
- Identify narratives, taking clients from robust strategy to compelling story
- Craft communications strategies & plans that drive genuine change
- Support & champion the creative development process, briefing & reviewing ideas
- Discuss workflow and delivery with line managers
- Proactively alert line manager to client or project issues and recommend strategies and solutions.
Working with Others
- Support the rest of the Planning team in delivery of projects
- Collaborate with other teams across Futerra to aid the successful delivery of client projects
- Awareness of individual project revenue/income budget and current performance
- Work within given deadlines to keep to allocated project budgets
- Work with others to agree internal team deadlines to keep to project budgets
- Look for opportunities to sell in expertise and increase new business for Futerra
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Planner is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- Adept in strategic, analytical and lateral thinking
- Ability to collaborate and solve problems as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Highly numerate and able to analyse, interpret and use complex and varied sources of data and statistics
- Strong and persuasive communicators, able to simplify research and strategic thinking
- Fascinated by human behaviour, social trends, and how ideas influence people
- Great communication skills including strong listening skills
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 25th November 2020. PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the UK.
We encourage all applicants to read through our Candidate Privacy Notice upon application.