Role: Account Director
Department: Client Services
Reports into: Client Services Director
MORE ABOUT US
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. Our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is both a billion-dollar opportunity for business and a chance for us all to change the world for the better. We work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and world-changing creative.
We are purpose driven. We’re working to help shape a world that is clean, carbon free and circular. Where social justice triumphs, through methods like racially inclusive and equitable green economies . Where everyone gets equal opportunity to realise their full potential on a resilient and healthy planet.
We’re also a great place to work, dedicated to creating a climate of inclusion, equity, and belonging, spearheaded by leadership and systemic change. A small place where teams of committed people get together to pool their passion and abilities to work with global players and innovative disruptors to drive positive change. And now we’re looking for someone to join us, to help drive that change.
MORE ABOUT YOU
As an Account Director, you are primarily responsible for the management of relationships with clients. As the senior point of contact for an agency’s clients, you will also co-ordinate the resources needed to service projects, build strategic operational plans and balance the expectations of clients with the execution of creative work. You will be a leader within the agency, and expected to work closely with senior agency Strategy, Planning and Creative leads to develop strategies, plan campaigns, and successfully develop business accounts creatively and financially, while playing a positive role in your agency’s new business programme. You will also support, guide and give counsel to the Account Managers and Account Executives.
You will share our values on anti-racism, inclusion and equity and be excited at the prospect of working within a diverse, multigenerational team. We strongly encourage people of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply, with the understanding that you will be adding to Futerra’s diverse team. Because we value a diverse and equitable workplace, we prioritise an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team. In addition, you will be given the support and resources, through a personal development plan and training opportunities, you need to grow your skill set, as well as work with your Manager to understand advancement and growth opportunities at Futerra.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
- Lead client accounts within the agency.
- Responsible for the profitability and growth of client accounts.
- Be sufficiently informed and personally involved with clients to ensure sound planning, good service and a strong client/agency relationship.
- Look for opportunities to engage in broader business conversations with clients in order to identify opportunities to grow business and deliver maximum impact for both Futerra and our clients.
- Represent the clients’ business within the agency.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure efficient and prompt delivery of projects within budget.
- Interrogate client briefs, challenging and supporting both clients and internal teams to deliver work that exceeds expectations.
- Oversee and manage resource capacity and agency workflows in liaison with the wider account team.
- Clearly communicate the progress of initiatives to internal and external stakeholders and Client Services Directors.
- Identify areas of improvement to constantly improve Client Services.
- Oversee and manage the overall growth and development of accounts in your group.
- Lead pitches with potential new clients.
- Maintain a detailed awareness of relevant market trends affecting your accounts, and developments in the wider advertising, communications and sustainability industries.
- Be an ambassador for Futerra at industry events, and participate in talks or roundtables where appropriate.
- Identify, develop and convert new business opportunities with existing and future agency clients.
- A desire to learn how about and bring in diversity and inclusion, into business development and sustainability within client services.
- Plan and develop accurate proposals and budget recommendations, work goals, and measurements necessary to provide both quality and profitable service to Clients.
- Meet profit goals on each account in your group.
- Provide leadership and motivation and convey the vision and values of the Agency to the assigned staff.
- Keep management & Group Client Services Director informed of the status of their group’s accounts, problems, plans and meetings, as well as involving Management personnel at key times.
- Maintain open and complete communications of Client issues with department Heads.
- Assign duties, set goals, and supervise Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Manage the work, performance and professional development of the Account Executive/Account Manager.
- Maintain a happy, high-energy, efficient team, who work reasonable hours and consistently deliver outstanding work.
- Identify and set objectives for direct reports.
- Using an inclusive and equitable framework determined by Futerra, conduct staff appraisals, on-going reviews and problem resolution meetings with the support of HR and Client Services Director.
- Look for opportunities to further your own learning and development.
WHAT ELSE WE NEED FROM YOU
- A proven track record in exceptional and consistent client service, leading accounts with overall responsibility for client relationships
- Experience in leading multiple accounts
- Adaptability to find new solutions to unique challenges
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Bags of energy, confidence, a positive attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage both large and small project teams
- Ability to inspire, mentor and manage the work and performance of account team members (e.g. AEs and AMs).
- Experience of managing sustainability or cause campaigns and an interest in the current social and environmental issues landscape
- A spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration to bolster our own
- The ability/desire to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- A strong commitment to integrating concepts of diversity and inclusion, such as racial equity and inclusion, into the sustainability sector.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Company bonus share scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company
- Company private health plan
- 25 days annual leave
- Income protection and death in service
- Workplace/salary sacrifice pension scheme, 3% employer contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mobile phone and MacBook
- Up to five volunteer days annually
- All-agency Away Days every year
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th April 2021. PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the UK. We encourage all applicants to read through our Candidate Privacy Notice upon application.
RT @GreenSolitaire: It’s here! Lovebug is the worlds first insect-only cat food, nutritionally complete and in 100% recyclable packaging. S…
RT @simona_azzolini: What a great group of panellists! A honest, insightful discussion on what consumers look for, the difference between t…