Role: Sustainability Communications Director
Reports into: Chief Planning Officer
MORE ABOUT US
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. Our mission is to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is a billion-dollar opportunity and we work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and world-changing creative.
We are purpose driven. We’re working to help shape a world that is clean, carbon free and circular. Where social justice triumphs, through methods like racially inclusive and equitable green economies. Where everyone gets equal opportunity to realise their full potential on a resilient and healthy planet.
We’re also a great place to work, dedicated to creating a climate of inclusion, equity, and belonging, spearheaded by leadership and systemic change. A place where teams of committed people get together to pool their passion and abilities to work with global players and innovative disruptors to drive positive change. And now we’re looking for someone to join us, to help drive that change.
MORE ABOUT YOU
You are a sustainability communications expert passionate about using the power of storytelling and communications to drive positive change. You bring a unique blend of ‘logic’ and ‘magic’. That means you have a deep understanding of sustainability challenges and solutions in all forms – from climate to DE&I – but can translate that into powerful and compelling messaging and concepts for a range of audiences. Whether you’re creating communications for expert sustainability stakeholders or employees and consumers, you can tell the story that will win minds and hearts while retaining complete credibility and technical accuracy. You’re at home advising a global business on their carbon net zero announcement or an NGO on how to message a biodiversity campaign to consumers.
You’re a real team player and can work across disciplines and functions to create impact. You’ll collaborate with Clients, Account Managers, Sustainability Strategists and Creatives in close-knit project teams.
You will share our values on anti-racism, inclusion and equity and be excited at the prospect of working within a diverse, multigenerational team. We strongly encourage people of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply, with the understanding that you will be adding to Futerra’s diverse team. Because we value a diverse and equitable workplace, we prioritise an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team. In addition, you will be given the support and resources, through a personal development plan and training opportunities, you need to grow your skill set, as well as work with your Manager to understand advancement and growth opportunities at Futerra.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
- Identify new and insightful ways of looking at and solving client challenges at the intersection of business/brand and environment/social issues
- Translate technical subject matter quickly, converting sustainability goals, targets or initiatives into compelling communications for a range of audiences
- Review and analyse consumer trends and identify insights and opportunities for sustainability communications
- Work across our planning, strategy and creative teams to identify transformative sustainability impact opportunities; craft communications strategies and plans that drive genuine change; develop narratives and messaging; and bring those messages to life in a range of activations – from films and social campaigns to websites and product labelling
Client Management & Delivery
- Work with clients to fully understand their objectives, target audiences and strategic requirements
- Be a trusted support to our clients on their change journey
- Support and champion the creative development process, briefing and reviewing ideas
- Support the Account team in terms of project planning, workflow and delivery
- Proactively alert line managers and/or Account team to client or project issues and recommend strategies and solutions.
- Awareness of individual project revenue/income budget and current performance
- Look for opportunities to sell in expertise and increase new business for Futerra
- Work within given deadlines to keep to allocated project budgets
- Work with others to agree internal team deadlines to keep to project budgets
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Sustainability Communications Director is expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- Highly experienced in creating and running sustainability communications initiatives and campaigns
- Excellent knowledge of sustainable development, particularly in a business context
- Practiced in building strong relationships with clients and/or senior internal stakeholders
- Adept in strategic, analytical and lateral thinking
- Ability to collaborate and solve problems as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Highly numerate and able to analyse, interpret and use complex and varied sources of data and statistics
- Strong and persuasive communicator
- Great communication skills including strong listening skills
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint, also Word and Excel
- Company private health plan
- 25 days annual leave
- Income protection and death in service
- Workplace/salary sacrifice pension scheme, 3% employer contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mobile phone and MacBook
- Up to five volunteer days annually
- Company bonus share scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company
- All-agency Away Days every year
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 16th April 2021. PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the UK. We encourage all applicants to read through our Candidate Privacy Notice upon application.
RT @GreenSolitaire: It’s here! Lovebug is the worlds first insect-only cat food, nutritionally complete and in 100% recyclable packaging. S…
RT @simona_azzolini: What a great group of panellists! A honest, insightful discussion on what consumers look for, the difference between t…