Role: Communications & Community Manager
Department: Futerra Makes
Reports into: Cara Parish
MORE ABOUT US
Futerra is a change agency – a hybrid strategy consultancy and creative agency. Our mission to make sustainable development so desirable it becomes normal. We believe sustainability is both a billion-dollar opportunity for business and a chance for us all to change the world for the better. We work with the world’s leading brands to find and unlock that opportunity through smart strategy and world-changing creative.
We are purpose driven. We’re working to help shape a world that is clean, carbon free and circular. Where social justice triumphs, through methods like racially inclusive and equitable green economies. Where everyone gets equal opportunity to realise their full potential on a resilient and healthy planet.
We’re also a great place to work, dedicated to creating a climate of inclusion, equity, and belonging, spearheaded by leadership and systemic change. A place where teams of committed people get together to pool their passion and abilities to work with global players and innovative disruptors to drive positive change. And now we’re looking for someone to join us, to help drive that change.
MORE ABOUT YOU
We are looking for someone who’s passionate about sustainability, brands & people. You need to have experience in managing FMCG brand communications and community management – preferable with D2C. And are confident across social channels (mainly Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) to join Futerra’s new division, ‘Futerra Makes’. We’re looking for someone who is a details-oriented self-starter, passionate about making change, and loves speaking & getting to know people.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE
Futerra Makes is a new division of Futerra that brings sustainable products to market with speed and agility. Futerra has spent 20 years working to make sustainability so desirable it becomes normal. And now, we want to make those choices easier, and support business’ in brining sustainable products to market at speed.
The first brand/product from Futerra Makes is Lovebug. A D2C insect-based cat food that we launched in collaboration with Mars Petcare. Lovebug’s mission is to make planet-friendly pet care possible. And we’re looking for someone to help us on this mission. This is where you come in.
We’re looking for a full-time team member to build, steer and bond with the brand’s community across all areas of our consumer journey and become our core customer liaison. The role will be two-fold: 1) Managing Lovebug’s communication & CRM activity alongside our external comms agency 2) Managing and curating our brand community (mainly through our digital platforms).
You will share our values on anti-racism, inclusion and equity and be excited at the prospect of working within a diverse, multigenerational team. We strongly encourage people of every colour, orientation, age, gender, origin, and ability to apply, with the understanding that you will be adding to Futerra’s diverse team. Because we value a diverse and equitable workplace, we prioritise an inclusive climate absent of discrimination and harassment during the application process and after you join the team. In addition, you will be given the support and resources, through a personal development plan and training opportunities, you need to grow your skill set, as well as work with your manager to understand advancement and growth opportunities at Futerra.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
Lovebug Communications & Community Manager (D2C)
- Manage brand communication workstreams and the supporting comms agency
- Develop and optimise communication plans/strategies alongside our Planning Director
- Develop & manage the brand content calendar across all comms workstreams and brief in-house creative team working alongside our Planning Director
- Manage & nurture the communities on our brand social accounts including sharing Community Management duties with our comms agency
- Share in our rota of Customer Care duties to really get to know our customer base
- Build direct relationships with customers and community members
- Support in achieving our strong customer care satisfaction goals
- Manage reporting of activity within Futerra and with Mars Petcare
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Experience in brand communications and D2C business’
- Some experience using Zendesk (optional)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong proofing skills
- The ability to maintain calm under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Solutions oriented and skilled at troubleshooting & analysing issues for solutions
- Manage data analysis and reporting, to report to management
- Self-starter with strong organisational skills to handle many tasks on time
- Passionate about sustainability, people and data
- Bags of energy, confidence, a positive attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A spirit of entrepreneurialism, joy and inspiration to bolster our own
- A strong commitment to integrating concepts of diversity and inclusion, such as racial equity and inclusion, into the sustainability sector.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary, dependent on experience.
- Company bonus share scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company
- Company private health plan
- 25 days annual leave
- Income protection and death in service
- Workplace/salary sacrifice pension scheme, 3% employer contribution
- Cycle to work scheme
- Mobile phone and MacBook
- Up to five volunteer days annually
- All-agency “Away Days” every year
To apply please send your CV and a short cover letter to email@example.com by 28th July 2021. PLEASE NOTE we can only consider applications from candidates who hold the right to work in the UK.
We encourage all applicants to read through our Candidate Privacy Notice upon application.
RT @GreenSolitaire: “Humanity isn’t worth saving. The planet would be better off without us” 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩 🚩
Just one day until Futerra Mexico's webinar "Transforming Finance for a More Sustainable World" in collaboration w… https://t.co/hGNyDFrS1E